Breast feeding is supported by the staff at Spring Hill Medical Centre and there is a poster located in the waiting room. Any patients can request some privacy and the practice will endeavour to try and find a private area for Mum to breast feed.
Staff at the practice are prepared to support the breast feeding policy by sensitive handling of any users of the services who may object to it, if necessary by finding the person somewhere else to sit away from the breast feeding mother.
A breast feeding mother will never be asked to move or to stop breastfeeding because someone else has requested this.
If there are no clinical rooms available then the patient will be placed in the Staff Room.
Nuneaton, Bedworth and North Warwickshire Early Breast-Feeding Support Service.
Who are we?
We are a small team of breast-feeding support specialists working alongside the Health Visiting Service based in Nuneaton. We help promote and support breast feeding in the antenatal and immediate post-natal period.
Who do we support?
We support expectant mums, and breast-feeding babies from birth up to 8 weeks old, in the Nuneaton, Bedworth and North Warwickshire area.
- 1:1 Breastfeeding Support
- Breastfeeding Support Groups
- Antenatal Education
- Support by Telephone/Video/Home visits
- Breast pump hire
Who can refer into our service?
- You can refer yourself
- Your Midwife
- Your GP
- Your Health Visitor
- Your Maternity Unit
The aim of the Early Breast-Feeding Support Service is to: -
Support women in the Nuneaton, Bedworth and North Warwickshire area to have the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to breast feed their baby.
To raise awareness of the health benefits of breast feeding to both mother and baby.
To raise the profile of the breast-feeding service within both community and hospital.
How can we improve our service?
We offer several feedback opportunities to users of our service this enables us to continue to improve our service. Your feedback is important to us.
What services do we offer?
Due to the current Covid restrictions we are offering a modified service. This includes: -
- Antenatal breast-feeding information being sent to your email address. This includes PowerPoint presentations and useful links to other sites and videos
- An antenatal Zoom Q&A session will start February 2021, running monthly. Please ask your Midwife/ Health Visitor/GP to refer you to our service to access the session.
- After the birth of your baby 1:1 support offered via the telephone and videos calls. If more intensive support is required, we may invite you to attend a clinic in Nuneaton.
- We have a small number of breast pumps we can loan to you for a period of 4 weeks.
To Contact Our Service Please Call 01926 626529
Or follow us on:
North Warwickshire Welcomes Breastfeeding
Nuneaton, Bedworth and North Warwickshire Private Group
Breastfeeding Information - Youtube