Smoking’s bad for your health, but exactly how does quitting make life better?
The quitting timeline
- After 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse return to normal.
- After 24 hours your lungs start to clear.
- After two days your body is nicotine-free and your sense of taste and smell improve.
- After three days you can breathe more easily, and your energy increases.
- After two to 12 weeks, your circulation improves.
- After three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing improves.
- After one year your heart attack risk is half that of a smoker.
- After 10 years your lung cancer risk is half that of a smoker.
Additional Benefits to Quit
- Stopping smoking improves fertility
- Stop smoking for younger looking skin
- Ex-smokers have whiter teeth and sweeter breath
- Stopping smoking lets you breathe easier
- Quit smoking to live longer
- Ditch the cigarettes and feel less stressed
- Quitting smoking improves smell and taste
- Stop smoking for more energy
- Smoke-free homes protect your loved ones
- More money in your pot
WE can help you quit smoking! We offer friendly stop smoking advice service, campaigns, drop in clinics… come and talk to us!