Flu Season 2021 – Springhill Medical Centre
The flu vaccine: who is eligible?
The seasonal influenza vaccination is recommended every year for those for whom contracting flu could cause a more serious illness. The flu vaccine is also recommended to and available on the NHS to anyone who is a registered carer and to health and social care staff. For more information about the flu vaccine, see the NHS page.
Flu Clinics: When, Where and How?
Following the success we had last year at the Practice (during COVID19 pandemic) we are planning the same again. This set up enables us to vaccinate larger numbers in quicker time, whilst remaining safe.
As soon as we have more definitive information about the Covid-19 booster programme, we will be in touch with those patients who are eligible.
||9am to 12pm
||for: under 65s
|12.30 - 2.30pm
||for: over 65's
Springhill Medical Centre, Phil Collins Way, Arley, CV7 8FD
How will this work?
All patients who are eligible for an NHS flu jab with us this year will be sent an expression of interest text message. On receipt of the message, you will be able to advise us if this date is convenient via REPLY to the message. Do not call the practice. If you have not received a text by the end of September and you are certain you are eligible, please call us.
We are using a walk in / one way system. We will take your name and DOB rather than checking people in on a computer, to ensure swift and efficient movement of people on the day.
Flu Clinics: key information for on the day
- Please arrive anytime between the times given to you
- Do not turn up if you have not been contacted for the programme
- Do not come if you are experiencing symptoms of a high temperature or dry persistent cough.
- Be aware that there may be an element of queuing outside, so come prepared for this
- Wear clothing that will allow your arm to be quickly and easily exposed
- Make sure you have a mask or other face covering to wear when inside the building
- Please follow staff directions and instructions and follow the queue system
- There are no toilet facilities on site
- You will see whichever nurse becomes available first for your vaccine: we cannot allow you to choose who injects you
- We have hundreds of patients to see on each day and so the clinic will be fast paced. Please help us manage this by cooperating to ensure you are ready to be vaccinated by the time you reach the front of the queue (i.e. face mask on, arm exposed)
- There are facilities and equipment available should you feel unwell after having your vaccination
- After your injection, providing you are well, you will be asked to immediately vacate the building and make your way to the exit